No Audio on Local Channels - Cable TV Issues
If you have audio on most channels, but have silence on some or all of your local network channels, you may have the Secondary Audio Programming (SAP) turned ON.
- The SAP feature allows your TV, VCR or Digital Cable box to tune in a second "track" of audio programming.
- Not all channels broadcast SAP signals.
- Some channels may not broadcast any sound when the SAP feature is activated. Local network channels are a good example of this.
- Channels that utilize SAP usually transmit the dialogue in a second language (such as Spanish). Some channels transmit other types of audio programming, such as classical music.
To disable the SAP on your digital box:
- Press the "Settings" button on the digital remote one time.
- This will bring you to the "Quick Settings" screen.
- You should see an option on this screen that says either "Disable SAP" or "Choose SAP Language".
- Highlight the appropriate option using the up or down arrow buttons on your digital remote control.
- If you see the "Disable SAP" option
- Press the "Select" button and your audio should return.
- If you see the "Choose SAP Language" option
- Use the left or right arrow buttons to choose the "English" setting
- Then press the "Select" button and your audio should return.
MTS, Stereo or SAP Problems
- Verify in the program listing guide that the program has those features.
- Check to see if the "MTS", "STEREO" or "SAP" light on the TV or VCR is on.
- If not, push the "MTS", "STEREO" or "SAP" button on the TV or VCR.
- Adjust the fine tuning on the TV set to restore the stereo or SAP.
Published by SWECKER on Wed, 2012-01-04 21:57