Job Duties & Responsibilities:
- Identify faults within the subscriber drop, feeder/distribution and trunk systems to ensure proper signal level, picture quality.
- Correct these faults by adjusting, repairing or replacing passive or active components, including power supplies and power inserters.
- Perform signal egress/ingress detection; sweep alignment; installations; troubleshooting; test point measurements; system balance and preliminary proofs.
- Perform emergency restoration of signal outages in the feeder/distribution and trunk systems.
- Complete work assignments generated through technician follow-up requests, including unresolved technician work orders.
- Activate new plant and perform preliminary proof.
- 3 years CATV experience or related work history in the cable tv industry.
- Understanding of and ability to use: signal level meter, volt-ohm meter, cable locator egress monitoring devices, AC clamp meter television test set, spectrum analyzer basic time domain reflectometer, system maps sweep gear.
- Apply technical expertise to a variety of situations, evaluate problems and implement the best solution.
- Work independently, within broad guidelines of procedures and goals.
- Maintain a professional attitude and appearance at all times.
- Confidence working in/on buckets, ladders and utility poles at heights of up to 36 feet.
- Lift up to 100 lbs.
- Work outdoors in all types of weather.
- Able to work a variety of schedules in order to provide needed coverage, for both normal and on-call duty.
- High school diploma or equivalent.
- Valid driver’s license with excellent driving record.
- Perform other related duties and tasks as assigned or as become evident.