The primary responsibility of this position is providing an installation and trouble resolution experience that must be second to none! Our team installs residential and commercial data, voice & Stream TV services. Installing & supporting these services requires a solid understanding of general networking and ability to trouble shoot. This position allows you the opportunity to work with customers at different levels of technical comfort, a variety of end user devices and network designs which makes our job always exciting because every customer and ever trouble is different than the last. If you are looking for a challenging opportunity and to be somebody’s technical super hero every day this is the job for you!
DUTIES & RESPONSIBILITIES
- Manages daily schedule to timely install and repair customer services on the daily schedule.
- Follows internal processes to properly document and record work done at customer location.
- Manages truck inventory properly assigning devices according to internal processes.
- Collaborates with other departments for complex troubles and installations.
- Educates customers on products and services that best match their technical needs.
- Must enjoy working in a fast paced, high-volume environment with the ability to quickly adapt to change. You won’t get bored here!
- Keep an eye open for trends that may indicate an outage and reports it to appropriate team for resolution. The faster we fix it, the fewer customers affected!
- Has regular, consistent and punctual attendance.
- Must be able to work evenings and weekends, variable schedule(s) and overtime as necessary.
- Must have excellent phone and people skills as well as maintain the ability to multi task and prioritize workloads independently.
- Ability to learn and understand the company's products and services.
- Knowledge of most common versions of PC and MAC Operating Systems.
- General knowledge of voice services, cable TV and data technologies.
- Knowledge of analog and digital circuit concepts.
- Ability to apply common sense understanding to carry out instructions furnished in written, oral or diagram form.
- Ability to deal with problems involving several variables in standardized situations.
- Ability to apply logic, creativity and good judgment to resolve problems.
- Must be able to communicate, collaborate and cooperate with vendors, customers, peers and managers as necessary to meet company objectives.
- Must possess a valid driver's license and have the ability to be insured under the company policy.
- High School Diploma or General Education Degree (GED) is required.
- Technical Degree or Equivalent Experience in Electronics, Telecommunications or Information Technology preferred.
- One plus years of customer support and/or technical support experience, preferably in the telecommunications / Internet industry or customer service experience.