What does a Network Technician do at Rainier Connect?
As a Network Technician at Rainier Connect, you will be part of the network team responsible for DWDM transport systems, fiber to the premise equipment, DOCSIS 3.0/3.1 equipment, and Ethernet networks. This team designs, implements, monitors, and maintains equipment used to deliver modern access technologies.
Want to learn more?
Below is a short list of typical tasks we would expect a Rainier Connect Network Technician to perform on a regular basis:
- Manage carrier grade switches such as a MetaSwitch
- Install, configure, and test fiber to the premise equipment
- Install, maintain, troubleshoot and repair DWDM systems
- Install, maintain, troubleshoot and repair central office equipment
- Provide support or technical advice to sales representatives
- Troubleshoot with commercial customers over the phone and in person
- Read, interpret & complete service orders, trouble tickets, work orders & network diagrams
- Install, maintain, and troubleshoot services associated with streaming IPTV product.
- Provide impromptu training for team members, and our technical support group
What additional qualifications are important for this position?
The ideal candidate will have at least 2 years applicable networking experience. Industry or vendor certifications from Cisco, Juniper, NCTI, Calix, MetaSwitch, Adtran, Lucent, etc. and experience installing, maintaining & troubleshooting transport and access equipment are all major pluses.
At Rainier Connect we believe all of your knowledge is important. We will weigh education, industry certifications, and experience when selecting a candidate. The most successful candidates have a natural curiosity for how services are delivered end to end. Also, they can work independently or in a team, adapt to new technology, communicate effectively, and are customer focused.
Send an email if this posting is interesting and explain why you are qualified for this position. Be sure to include your resume and use Network Technician in the subject line of the email. All potential candidates, as part of our employee screening process, must pass a background check, drug test, and posses a valid Washington state drivers license.