The primary responsibilities of this position will be staging daily materials for jobs (Fiber optic, Coax, CPE materials and supplies), inventory control, receiving of shipments, and maintaining a clean safe warehouse. This position will work primarily with the Outside Plant Technicians to make sure they have what they need to complete jobs. Also work with our Accounting team to keep accurate inventory of all materials. Must be self-driven, have good time management skills and able to work independently as well as in a team to complete tasks. Will drive between our locations delivering equipment and supplies as needed.
Essential Duties & Responsibilities:
- Understand upcoming job needs and stage next day loads for morning load times.
- Practice safe warehouse procedures, identify potential hazards, and recommend improvements to standard procedures.
- Identify and improve processes to increase efficiency and minimize mistakes.
- Quote, Order & Receive supplies from vendors to maintain adequate inventory of materials to facilitate job orders.
- Maintain inventory integrity within our system by making sure all inventory transactions are accounted for in the database.
- Organize warehouse and keep free of clutter.
- Conduct complete inventories per schedule.
- Other duties as needed.
- Ability to multitask and prioritize workloads independently.
- Computer Skills
- Ability to learn and understand company’s products and programs.
- Must be able to communicate, collaborate and cooperate with vendors, peers and managers as necessary to meet company objectives.
- Must possess a valid driver license and have the ability to be insured under company policy.
- High School Diploma or GED
- Strong interpersonal communication skills and the ability to establish and maintain effective working relationships.
- Ability to effectively communicate, present information and respond to questions both verbal and written.
- Ability to drive a forklift and complete forklift certification course
- Strong attention to detail and ability to work quickly while maintaining a high priority to safety.
- Ability to frequently lift, push, and slide items that typically weigh up to 75lbs