Now more than ever, we want to communicate with you about your Internet connection. Rainier Connect is a local, family-owned company that is committed to providing a fast, reliable Internet connection for our customers and this community. As of April 1, 2020, we will be providing high-speed Internet, cable TV, and phone service over the City of Tacoma’s Click! network. What that means, is that if you haven’t already made the transition from your existing provider, you will have the opportunity to do so. But one thing I want you to know. Whether you have established an account with us already or you have not done so yet, Rainier Connect will not disconnect you from your service during this transition.
Some Background About Us
As many of you already know, the City of Tacoma (the City) and Tacoma Public Utilities’ Utility Board (TPU) requested proposals from companies like mine in March 2018 to provide high-speed Internet over the City of Tacoma’s Click! network. I’m proud that after deliberating the merits of each of the proposals submitted, Rainier Connect earned the right to provide service to you. It is a responsibility we take very seriously.
The Importance of Staying Connected
With everyone working from home and/or video conferencing for work or with their family, you might experience delays within your household, or with shared connections. If you would like help determining the optimal arrangement for Internet during this time when your home usage may be heavier than usual, please reach out to our support team at 253.683.4100. All of us at Rainier Connect are working nonstop to keep your service steady and seamless while also upgrading and improving the network to better serve you.
Thank you for your patronage and for continuing to support a local company! In the weeks and months ahead, we’ll tell you more about us and we hope to learn what your priorities are for your service. For now, we are focused on a seamless transition, and a strong, healthy network that can meet your needs. Take care of yourselves and each other.
All my best, stay healthy,
President & CEO
I’M READY TO GET STARTED!
You can also get started using our website, you do not need to call us. Please click here and complete the form to let us know you are interesting in moving your services to Rainier Connect. Your service will remain active and we will reach out to you to finalize your account information.
Frequently Asked Questions
Q: I received a letter or email from Tacoma Public Utilities (TPU). What do I need to do to make sure I do not lose my Internet connection?
A: The first thing we want you to know is whether you have established an account with us already or you have not done so yet, Rainier Connect will not disconnect you from your service during this transition. The easiest thing to do is to call 253.683.2200 between the hours of 8:30 am to 7:00 pm. We are in a very busy transition period, so wait times may vary. If you prefer, you can also use the link below, and click “send us a message” in the box on the right which takes you to a form you can fill out to get started:https://www.rainierconnect.com/welcome-click-customers
Q: I was told by my current provider that I do not have to change service. What do I do?
A: Advanced Stream customers can make the transition to Rainier Connect as directed above. There is no operating agreement between Advanced Stream and Rainier Connect. Beginning April 1, 2020, Rainier Connect will manage billing and service requests for high-speed Internet, cable TV, and phone service for all customers, including former Advanced Stream customers. If you would like to confirm this, you can review TPU’s letters using the links below, including news coverage of the transition. You can also always call us at 253.683.2200 to ask any questions.
- “Rainier Connect recommended in public-private Click option for city,” Tacoma News Tribune, March 5, 2019: https://www.thenewstribune.com/news/local/article227147689.html
- “Public Utility Board approves agreements with Rainier Connect to operate Click! Network,” The Suburban Times, October 31, 2019: https://thesubtimes.com/2019/10/31/public-utility-board-approves-agreements-with-rainier-connect-to-operate-click-network/
- “City Council Approves Agreements With Rainier Connect to Operate Click! Network,” news release/City of Tacoma, November 5, 2019: https://www.cityoftacoma.org/in_the_news/agreements_with_rainier_connect_approved
Tacoma Public Utilities Communications about the transition
- Overview dated October 2019: https://www.mytpu.org/wp-content/uploads/Oct2019_ClickOverview.pdf
- Letter dated November 2019: https://www.mytpu.org/wp-content/uploads/Click-LETTER_11-12-19.pdf
- Letter dated February 2020: https://www.mytpu.org/wp-content/uploads/Click_customer_letter_Feb_2020.pdf
- Final Notice Letter sent to Advanced Stream Customers from March 6, 2020: https://www.rainierconnect.com/sites/default/files/Customer%20Notice-Final-030520.pdf