The primary responsibility of this position is providing our customers with Advanced Technical Support that must be second to none! Our team handles escalated tickets from our Tier 1 team for voice, internet and cable TV related problems primarily over the phone and occasionally in person in our lobby or at the customer’s site. Sometimes the trouble isn’t really a trouble at all but instead we may identify a product or service that better meets the customer’s needs than what they are currently subscribed to today. This means we must keep our sales skills sharp too as we use them daily! This position allows you the opportunity to work with customers at different levels of technical comfort, a variety of end user devices and network designs which makes our job always exciting because every customer and ever trouble is different than the last. If you are looking for a challenging opportunity and to be somebody’s technical super hero every day this is the job for you!
DUTIES & RESPONSIBILITIES
- An enthusiastic understanding and excitement about technology, especially relative to Rainier Connect products and services!
- A strong desire to evaluate the customer’s needs and identify the service offering that best matches their needs.
- Must enjoy working in a fast paced, high-volume environment with the ability to quickly adapt to change. You won’t get bored here!
- We have processes and procedures to insure accuracy and a great customer experience, so this means strong attention to detail is key!
- Document, document, document! All customer interactions require proper documentation, including services orders, troubles tickets and account comments.
- Resolves customer troubles as quickly and cost effectively as possible, keeping the customers experience top priority along the way.
- Keep an eye open for trends that may indicate an outage and reports it to appropriate team for resolution. The faster we fix it, the fewer customers affected!
- Serves internal customers by communicating effectively, providing timely responses to requests and treating coworkers in a respectful manner.
- Has Regular, consistent and punctual attendance.
- Must be able to work nights and weekends, variable schedule(s) and overtime as necessary.
- Must have excellent phone and people skills as well as maintain the ability to multi task and prioritize workloads independently.
- Ability to learn and understand the company's products and services.
- Knowledge of most common versions of PC and MAC Operating Systems.
- General knowledge of voice services, cable TV and data technologies.
- Knowledge of analog and digital circuit concepts.
- Ability to apply common sense understanding to carry out instructions furnished in written, oral or diagram form.
- Ability to deal with problems involving several variables in standardized situations.
- Ability to apply logic, creativity and good judgment to resolve problems.
- Must be able to communicate, collaborate and cooperate with vendors, customers, peers and managers as necessary to meet company objectives.
- Must possess a valid driver's license and have the ability to be insured under the company policy.
High School Diploma or General Education Degree (GED) is required.
Technical Degree or Equivalent Experience in Electronics, Telecommunications or Information Technology preferred.
Three to five years of customer support and/or technical support experience, preferably in the telecommunications / Internet industry.
Three to to five years of customer service experience.
Shifts vary from 8am -7pm Monday-Sunday.