What does a network engineer do at Rainier Connect?
As a network engineer at Rainier Connect, you will be part of the networking team that is responsible for Ethernet, SONET, DOCSIS, GPON, and TDM networks. That means you will be part of the team that designs, implements, monitors, and maintains equipment used to deliver these services. Each team member shares an On-Call rotation, typically one week at a time.
Want to learn more?
Below is a short list of typical tasks we would expect a Rainier Connect network engineer to perform on a regular basis:
- Set up a peer via BGP
- Troubleshoot MPLS L2 VPN and L3 VPN
- Configure a SONET ADM to deliver an OC-n circuit to a customer site
- Create detailed network diagrams
- Go onsite with sales representatives to answer technical customer questions
- Install switches to provide Metro Ethernet services
- Troubleshoot Internet routing issues
- Troubleshoot routing issues on the Rainier Connect core with BGP, OSPF, and ISIS
- Add a channel to a CMTS for capacity
- Install, configure, and test GPON ONT at commercial customer location
- Provide impromptu training for team members, and our technical support group
What additional qualifications are important for this position?
Our ideal candidate will have 5-10 years of network engineer experience at a professional level, be accustomed to working independently, as well as in a team environment, adapt quickly to new technology, effectively communicate issues with vendors and staff, all while delivering an excellent customer experience.
At Rainier Connect we believe all of your knowledge is important and weigh your education, industry certifications, and experience as a whole when selecting the best candidate. To be successful as a network engineer at Rainier Connect, you will be the kind of person with a natural curiosity for how things work behind the scenes, and interested in how each system is used to deliver services—from beginning to end. You will need an entrepreneurial mindset, a dedication to network engineering, and be excited about being part of a dynamic team.
The ideal candidate has professional level network certifications such as Juniper or Cisco. Additional skills in Linux server administration, DNS, DHCP, MySQL, Radius, Python, and shell scripting are desirable.
We want the best person for our team, if you feel like you can meet our expectations; put your communication skills to the test by sending us an email and telling us why you are qualified for this position. Be sure to include your resume and use Network Engineer in the subject line of the email.
All potential candidates, as part of our employee screening process, must pass a background check, drug test, and posses a valid Washington state drivers license.