This position combines functions of both Customer Service and Technical Support. Responsible for promoting, selling, and supporting Rainier Connect products and services to new and existing customers. Communicate effectively with customers to inform them of the features, benefits, and use of all products and services. Educate and assist them on their purchase decision and offer the best possible solution to meet their needs. Explain and the advantages of their purchase decision and place the order. Demonstrate strong customer-focused service, to enhance the customer experience. Customer support includes troubleshooting and diagnosing voice, internet and cable related problems primarily over the phone and occasionally in person. Position includes the ability to provision voice and data services. Escalate trouble tickets for additional troubleshooting when necessary, and follows up to make sure the problem has been resolved and the customer is satisfied. Customer Service-related functions include accepting and recording payments, suggestive up-selling and service orders. This position requires excellent customer service skills to achieve customer satisfaction and loyalty.
DUTIES & RESPONSIBILITIES
Customer Support Technician-
Rainier Connect is currently accepting resumes for an Installation Technician. Installation Technicians work both inside and outside to build, install, test, and repair services for customers. Candidates need to be comfortable with the primary responsibilities, and qualifications listed below. If you feel you are a close fit, but have weaknesses, please list them. For immediate consideration for this position, email your resume to firstname.lastname@example.org with "Installation Technician" as the subject.
Primary responsibilities include:
- Installation of Phone, Cable, and Internet services
- Installation of aerial or underground drops
- Place aerial or underground copper and fiber cable
- Educate customers on use of service
- Analyze quality and determine acceptability of video/audio delivered upon completion of installation
- On call during scheduled time periods, and respond to calls as needed
- Operate and maintain assigned vehicle in accordance with company guidelines
- Ensure vehicle is stocked with necessary equipment
- Coordinate with other departments as necessary to ensure customer satisfaction and problem resolution
- Maintain a sense of urgency and consistently meet deadlines
- Accurately completes required paperwork and documentation associated with each job assignment
Secondary responsibilities include:
- Performing copper and fiber splicing
- Construction work such as placing cable, installing conduit, and working in open excavations
- Work with heavy duty power equipment as well as small tools in the installation, repair and maintenance of outside plant facilities
Skills and Abilities:
- Comfortable using computers including hand-held models to update work status and check new assignments
- Technical training in phone installation, cable installation, or similar field
- Current first aid, CPR, or Flagger training is a plus
- At least 1 year experience as an Outside Plant Technician or Installer
High-school diploma or equivalent required
Possess a valid state drivers license and non-negligent driving record
Ability to frequently move/lift 75lbs
Willingness to work outside in all weather conditions
Willingness to work in attics, basements, crawl spaces, manholes and other similar places
Climb poles, ladders, and is comfortable working aloft with hand tools
Work overtime and holidays as service conditions require
Typical traits required for this position:
Excellent customer service skills
Desire to learn new skills
Comfortable supporting customers on site, and in person
NCTI/Jones, TIA, WA state low voltage license, or relevant industry certifications a plus
Primary responsibility is to plan, organize, budget, and control activities of the information systems function, including but not limited to network administration, hardware and software administration and support. Oversees technology decisions and implementation.
Essential Duties and Responsibilities
- Test new systems and software providing comparisons and analysis as required.
- Creates and maintains documentation including software inventory, server addressing, network diagrams, and continuity documentation.
- Maintains relationships with partners and vendors. Such as software vendors, equipment vendors, solutions providers, etc.
- Responsible for the configuration, monitoring, reporting, and maintenance of all systems.
- Gathers, analyzes, and projects data on current services, equipment capacities, current traffic data, potential equipment acquisitions, and installation costs. Uses data to determine necessity, type, size, and quantity of equipment required.
- Performs systems installation, testing, and hardware upgrades.
- Creates implementation plans for systems equipment installation, upgrades, configuration changes, and uninstallation.
- Attends weekly meetings with Network Operations Manager to report status of tasks, projects, and analysis.
- Other duties and responsibilities as assigned.
- To perform this job successfully, an individual must be able to perform each essential duty satisfactorily.
- The requirements listed below represent the level of knowledge, skill and/or ability required.
- Education, Certifications, and Experience
- Minimum 5 years experience administering systems in an enterprise or service providers network.
- Minimum 2 years experience with systems such as RedHat Linux or Microsoft Windows Server 2003/2008.
- Experience working in a datacenter or Colocation facility.
- Extensive knowledge of differences and functionality of various Information Technology infrastructure options.
- Experience with Active Directory and a Windows Domain environment.
- Experience with Linux infrastructure is desired (DHCP, DNS, Apache, and MySQL services).
- Experience with virtualization with either VMWare, KVM, or Xen desired.
- Experience or exposure working with virtual desktop infrastructure desired. Industry or vendor certifications from RedHat, VMWare, Microsoft, CompTIA, etc. Preferred Certifications: RHCSA and/or MCSE.
- An industry relevant Technical, Associates, or Bachelors degree.
Language Skills and Reasoning Ability
- Ability to read, analyze, and interpret business documents, technical specifications, technical instructions, or procedures. Ability to write reports, business correspondence, create diagrams, and procedures.
- Demonstrates ability to problem solve and develop technical solutions. Must be capable of testing, troubleshooting, and implementing hardware, software, and operating systems on a network.
Rainier Connect is accepting resumes for Network Technician positions. Candidates need to be comfortable with the Technical Requirements listed for the position below. If you feel that you are a close fit, but have weaknesses please list them. For immediate consideration for this opportunity please email your resume with "Network Technician" in the subject line.
Technical Requirements Include the Following:
Planning & Designing:
Extensive knowledge of differences and functionality of various LAN and Wan technologies
Extensive knowledge of basic routing protocols, Specifically OSPF and BGP
Implementation & Operation:
Configuration of routing protocols
Configuration of IP addresses, subnet masks, and gateway addresses
Configuration of additional administrative functionality
Configuration of VLANS and inter-switch communication
Configuration and Management of system and device configurations
Utilize the OSI model as a guide for systematic network troubleshooting
Perform LAN and VLAN troubleshooting
Perform Troubleshooting of basic routing protocols
Perform Troubleshoot IP addressing and host configurations
Perform Troubleshooting of access lists
Perform simple WAN troubleshooting
Interact and communicate effectively with other staff
Provide training to less experienced network technicians
Provide oversight on assigned projects
Describe network communications using layered models
Describe the Spanning Tree process
Compare and contrast key characteristics of LAN environments
Can describe the basic characteristics of routing protocols
Can describe the TCP/IP communication process and its associated protocols
Can describe the components of network devices
Can describe rules for packet control
Can describe key characteristics of WAN Technologies
Typical Skills Required:
5 to 10 years experience in Network systems
Lead and completes tasks independently, with attention to detail and while under pressure
Network systems documentation and architecture diagram skills
Familiarity with basic project management methodologies
Familiarity with Internet web applications
Identifies, analysis, and drives problems to resolution, handling complex issues simultaneously while effectively communicating across teams
Builds team relationships across the organization
Maintains strong values of integrity, commitment, and self-improvement
Effectively communicates technical actions, ensures audience understands why/what/when work will be accomplished
Delivers customer service excellence by knowing customer's business needs, identifying appropriate technical solutions, and meeting/exceeding service expectations
Preferred Certifications: CCNA and/or CCNP/CCIP
All potential candidates as part of our employee screening process must pass a background check, drug test, and posses a valid Washington state drivers license.
What does a network engineer do at Rainier Connect?
As a network engineer at Rainier Connect, you will be part of the networking team that is responsible for Ethernet, SONET, DOCSIS, GPON, and TDM networks. That means you will be part of the team that designs, implements, monitors, and maintains equipment used to deliver these services. Each team member shares an On-Call rotation, typically one week at a time.
Want to learn more?
Below is a short list of typical tasks we would expect a Rainier Connect network engineer to perform on a regular basis:
- Set up a peer via BGP
- Troubleshoot MPLS L2 VPN and L3 VPN
- Configure a SONET ADM to deliver an OC-n circuit to a customer site
- Create detailed network diagrams
- Go onsite with sales representatives to answer technical customer questions
- Install switches to provide Metro Ethernet services
- Troubleshoot Internet routing issues
- Troubleshoot routing issues on the Rainier Connect core with BGP, OSPF, and ISIS
- Add a channel to a CMTS for capacity
- Install, configure, and test GPON ONT at commercial customer location
- Provide impromptu training for team members, and our technical support group
What additional qualifications are important for this position?
Our ideal candidate will have 5-10 years of network engineer experience at a professional level, be accustomed to working independently, as well as in a team environment, adapt quickly to new technology, effectively communicate issues with vendors and staff, all while delivering an excellent customer experience.
At Rainier Connect we believe all of your knowledge is important and weigh your education, industry certifications, and experience as a whole when selecting the best candidate. To be successful as a network engineer at Rainier Connect, you will be the kind of person with a natural curiosity for how things work behind the scenes, and interested in how each system is used to deliver services—from beginning to end. You will need an entrepreneurial mindset, a dedication to network engineering, and be excited about being part of a dynamic team.
The ideal candidate has professional level network certifications such as Juniper or Cisco. Additional skills in Linux server administration, DNS, DHCP, MySQL, Radius, Python, and shell scripting are desirable.
We want the best person for our team, if you feel like you can meet our expectations; put your communication skills to the test by sending us an email and telling us why you are qualified for this position. Be sure to include your resume and use Network Engineer in the subject line of the email.
All potential candidates, as part of our employee screening process, must pass a background check, drug test, and posses a valid Washington state drivers license.
Rainier Connect is recognized in the South Sound as the local premier provider of voice, Internet & data business solutions. Come join the team that sets the standard for superior performance and strong focus on customer satisfaction. We are looking for a Commercial Premise technician to join our team. On a daily basis, this person would be responsible for interacting face to face with customers in the South Sound area.
A Commercial Premise Technician works mostly with customer premises PBX systems, key systems and adjunct/ancillary equipment and applications. Services and applications might include: telephone services and system equipment, data equipment, Cable Internet, Digital Voice, VoIP, DSL, VDSL, T1 lines and Ether net services. Works with technically specialized installations and educates customers on functionality and features to ensure that services are installed and working properly. This position provides the opportunity to continually learn new equipment, features and applications because equipment and technology is always evolving.
- CPE Technician (PBX Technician) including ESI, and Hosted PBX systems.
- Ability to install/configure VOIP hardware/software applications
- Work on small business systems, circuits, complex wiring and software.
- Install and maintain voice/data services for customers
- Work with customers to ensure that services and applications are working properly
- Provide customers with a clear explanation of how their products/services work
- Evaluate customers' communication needs and recommend additional products/services when appropriate
- Use electronic test equipment during any/all types of installation and maintenance as warranted by the work being performed.
- Research trouble tickets; perform maintenance repair and preventative maintenance on business systems.
- Performs work and uses hand tools ladders, and test equipment.
- Read and interpret service orders, trouble tickets, circuit diagrams and schematics.
- Learn the installation/operation of new and existing equipment.
- Minimum 3 years PBX installation and repair.
- High School diploma or equivalent required
- Basic understanding of electrical and digital technology.
- Proficient in the installation, maintenance repair and use of various types of communications systems.
- Familiarity with Internet browsers (MS Internet, Explorer, etc.)
- Experience with personal computers, installing software programs and troubleshooting operating systems, software and hardware.
- Networking skills (LAN, DSL, IP, ATM, VoIP, SONET)
- Basic PC configurations skills (setting IP addresses, pinging equipment, and circuit testing etc).
- Must possess basic PC skills (MS Office suite, email, remote network access keyboarding, ability to retrieve data ) ability to learn any/all relevant Company systems requiring PC use and as related to the installation/repair of products requiring PC’s.
- Demonstrates ability to establish and maintain effective relationships with customers.
- Ability to work independently within a team environment.
- Ability to prioritize effectively
- Must demonstrate good verbal and written communication skills with internal employees and external customer.
Resumes & Cover Letters can be mailed to:
2516 Holgate St.
Tacoma, WA 98402
Resumes & Cover Letter can be e-mailed to email@example.com
About Rainier Connect
Rainier Connect, a division of Mashell Telecom, Inc. is a 101 year old telecommunications service provider that is strongly committed to customer service, value, and innovative products & services. We offer voice, data, internet and cable television services to residential and business customers in Eatonville, Graham, the South Hill of Puyallup, Tacoma and Centralia. We also offer business telephone systems, installation, training and maintenance.
Rainier Connect is a 5th generation owned and operated company and as a registered Public Utility is required to be held to a higher standard than our competitors.
Rainier Connect is an Equal Opportunity Employer.
Mashell Telecom, Inc. d/b/a Rainier Connect is an equal opportunity employer. We do not discriminate against persons because of their age, sex, race, color, religious creed, ancestry, national origin, genetic information, or any disability which can be reasonably accommodated, in determining suitability for employment, compensation, promotion, transfers, training, education, social and recreational programs, or termination.